Welcome to Seasonal Berries!
British Summer Fruits represents nearly all of our berry growers, and works with industry experts and leading UK supermarkets to bring you the best strawberries, raspberries, blackberries and blueberries.
- Ye olde raspberriesThe scientific name for a raspberry is ‘Rubus Ideaus’, because they were first found growing at the bottom of Mount Ida!Read more
- Tasty blueberriesEveryone knows blueberries are great for humans, but did you know you can freeze them and give them to dogs as a crunchy, healthy treat?Read more
- Odd one outStrawberries are the only fruit with seeds on the outside!Read more
- Ancient strawberriesDid you know that strawberries were cultivated as far back as 200BC?They were regarded as an aphrodisiac in medieval times and a soup made of strawberries, borage and soured creamRead more
- Tyrannosaurus raspberryRaspberries go as far back as the dinosaurs! They are thought to be native to Asia and have been eaten since prehistoric times.Read more
- Say ‘I love you’ with a bunch of berriesRaspberries, strawberries and blackberries are all part of the rose family – who knew?Read more
- Tasty blackberriesIn 2013 the UK produced 1183 tonnes of blackberries – that's as much as 198 African elephants! (Probably tastier though)Read more
- Raspberry Special!They were taken from Scotland to Covent Garden on a steam train known as the Raspberry Special.Read more
- What do you call a blackberry?Blackberries have been known in the past by many names, including brambleberries, brumblekites and lawers.Read more